- Created in Medical Care, Diagnostic Procedures
X-rays help determine whether a bone has been fractured or damaged by conditions such as an infection, arthritis, or other disease.
Other reasons for conventional X-rays on your feet are to:
- Evaluate changes in the bones from infections, arthritis, or other bone disease.
- Assess whether a child's bones are growing normally.
- Locate foreign objects (such as pieces of glass or metal) in a wound.
- Determine whether bones are properly set after treating a fracture.
Pregnant women, especially those in their first trimester, are advised against having X-rays because the radiation may harm the unborn child.
Call Today (215) 546-1618
Additional locations: Dr. Troiano sees patient at 2400 Maryland Road, Willow Grove, PA - 215-234-3605
and Dr. Peacock also see patients and operates at 2800 Kelly Drive, Warrington, PA - 215-348-7000