- Created in Medical Care, Diagnostic Procedures
Ultrasound is a very effective tool for diagnosing a wide variety of foot and ankle problems, particularly soft tissue problems. Ultrasound uses sound waves on the body in a way much like radar uses sound waves. The waves hit a targeted area and are bounced back to a recording device, which produces an image. Ultrasound is a completely safe, noninvasive, and painless diagnostic procedure.
Common problems for which ultrasound may be prescribed include:
- Heel spurs or plantar fasciitis.
- Injuries of the ligaments, tendons, or cartilage.
- Morton's neuroma.
- Presence of foreign bodies.
- Soft tissue masses.
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome.
- Tendonitis or tears in a tendon.
Call Today (215) 546-1618
Additional locations: Dr. Troiano sees patient at 2400 Maryland Road, Willow Grove, PA - 215-234-3605
and Dr. Peacock also see patients and operates at 2800 Kelly Drive, Warrington, PA - 215-348-7000